View Single Post
      05-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
It certainly has nothing to do with the smallish space afforded by BMW on an E92 to get them installed - I can take the factory H8 bulbs in & out in 5sec

Lux H8 was about 10min on PS - and yes, about 1 hr on the DS. It totally sucks - but the rewards are nice

I don't know whether the difference in difficulty between the sides is because I'm right handed or what, and I don't believe for an instant those that say they install them as fast as the stockers.

I still think it has something to do with the tolerances on the locking tabs &/or not enough space allowed for pushing IN before turning. I've tried many different factory style AE's and Weislicht LED's - never had any problems whatsoever with any of them getting installed quickly...
The Stock H8 is easy cause you have a 90 degree bend to grab onto. Most AE kits are just perfectly round.

I use double sided tape and wrap it around the aftermarket angel eyes to aid in some grip. (Then I remove the tape when they are installed). It also helps to note the orientation of the stock bulb so you can match it up quicker.
Appreciate 0