04-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #85
guerilla twang
I do my crosswords in pen.
United_States
Rep
Drives: OEM+ 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerx View Post
I actually fly over to work in PA. I am not sure how close I am to where Vac motorsports is. I work near Mansfield. I would love to see them be able to do the entire build as that would make certain that there is not going to be a valve coming in contact with a piston and what not.

Thanks for shooting them an e-mail I hope that you hear good news back from them. Keep us posted.

I personally don't like nitrous. I had thought of water methanol yes but not nitrous. I just want something different and I would love to prove you wrong but its just going to take a bit of time to get it done.

I am just curious, do you port cylinder heads or build parts? I have found an N52KP cylinder head on ebay for about 1000. I wanted to buy it and send it off to have it reworked and use that head to put in the valves springs and retainers in it.

Side note RMP Motors has made these cars with just headwork make 300 I have been talking to a guy from there. They have cams and headers for the car. They don't have them now but they have done it in the past.
Also where and what are you going to school for? I am trying to do this on a decent budget. I am still caught in the middle of boosting or leaving NA. I believe I will do as AW325 suggested as the guy from JE did and go with 11.5:1 compression and change the compression with gaskets and other ways from there.

Thanks for the input everyone.
This is really exciting to me. It would be nice to have a decent supply of headers that didn't involve a hackjob to get them installed with virtually no back end support. *cough cough* ...OBX...