View Single Post
      05-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
zyce
Modster
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435i

Rear rotor replacement

Okay guys, since i had alot of trouble with these brakes, and other people have had these problems aswell I was up to make a tutorial of it.
This is my first one but I hope it's good and it helps you with your problems or just works as a good guide to doing it right.
( if there are some english language mistakes I appoligies. i'm from Belguim and I'm not the best in English)

Step one:
Get all the tools you need before you start!
A lug nut wrench for the tires
A 7 mm allan key
A 16 mm socket + ratchet
A flathead screwdriver
and a car jack and or jack stands but I just use my tire for safety since I don't have jack stands.

Step two:
Remove the wheel and place it under the car for extra Safety.

Step three:
Remove the caliper spring(if ur replacing the pads aswell)

Step Four:
Remove 2 bolts behind the calipar that is holding it into place.
and take off the calipar.

Step Five:
Now take the 7 mm allan key and unscrew the hex nut on the calipar.

Step Six:
Now to remove the ROTOR from the HUB and it's NOT comming off or loose this is what u do: U take a big hammer and u start smakking the sh*t out of it and use some wd-40 and spray it on there.
If the rotor Gives way But it's STILL STUCK on the HUB ur next problem will be that the PARKING BRAKE SHOE is STUCK on the inside(make sure the parking brake is off offcours) To remove this you will need a flat head screwdriver and there is a small star wheel on the insde of the hub that u can rotate on it's not that hard to find if u know where it is !( DON'T FORGET TO ROTATE THE STAR WHEEL BACK WHEN THE NEW ROTOR IS ON)
so here is a picture showing you how it can be found.

Step Seven
Now that the old rotor is off place the new one on and screw back the hex nut.
And mount the Calipar back into it's Original place.
and you shoud be done !

And here my example of the war with the brakes that woudnt come off but in the end ... I won

This is my first DIY I hope you guys can Use this and will help you out so You don't have the have the same problems i did spending 5 hours on 1 brake

Grtz Marco
Appreciate 0