View Single Post
      09-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #81
Zeph
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i 6MT SGM CR/BD

I have done back to back interstate racing and the 1st pull is the only good pull. After that the car is VERY NOTICEABLY slower than it was (I have the stock FMIC). Even on the 1st race I can tell after a long 4th gear pull as soon as I shift to 5th the car is just way slower (more than just gearing differences). Not to mention the stock FMIC connectors, look at the output side and you will see the hole is reduced and the couplings are baffled. The better flow of most aftermarket FMIC's (AMS, Helix, etc.) is enough to make that "10 RWHP" even on a stock tune regardless of the IAT improvements. The 43 RWHP gap at the end is due to IAT boost decay and/or timing differences. That is why I don't even run any of these 14+ psi tunes on my car with a stock FMIC... it is just worthless for more than 1 pull if that.

Thanks Eric, and to the OP, for the post and this product. Looks like another great product in our growing line-up. Can't wait to see the weight differences for all of these aftermarket FMIC's before I make my final decision
Appreciate 0