View Single Post
      06-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
E9Slow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi e90

What PSI do you run?

Hey guys just curious what you guys like to go by for PSI preference. I used to work for Firestone, so I know it's always standard procedure to go by the data on the sticker inside the drivers door instead of the tires "max psi" rating like many do, but I've also realized sometimes minor tweaks can make major improvements. My car is an '07 328xi sedan with pretty new Bridgestone Driveguard RFT (~10k mi) on the factory awd wheels (sorry forgot the 'type'). If I remember correctly the door reads like 32 front 34 rear or so for the car, but at that PSI (all were about 30-32) the car rode rough(-er than normal on RFTs) and when braking, would track wherever ruts in the road went and shake a bit. Today, just to experiment, I turned them all up to 40psi equally using a digital air compressor, and what a difference! It feels tighter, stays more true to a straight line, and when braking, there's almost no wandering at all, and the shaking is nearly gone! It still rides firm, but that's to be expected with the PSI turned up, completely worn out struts, and RFTs. Definitely found my new regular summer setting for these tires (until I finally upgrade wheels and tires).

Have you guys found different pressures that work differently for you, higher or lower than recommended?

(P.S.- I know a lot of my braking wandering is almost solely because of worn control arm bushings, but this did eliminate a LOT of what I was experiencing).