View Single Post
      03-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
bogdan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooskay View Post
so you're telling me if i pull into their shop with the ticking noise, they'll perform the bleeding process again? and if the sound disappears, their job is done?

doesn't sound right to me, considering they already did that earlier.

It is a possibility. Again, the lifter noise is something that is caused, usually, by driving conditions. It does not actually indicate a failure with the valve train. Repeated short trips will make it come up, as well as hard driving.

I've had to replace lifters in a car before, but that is because a couple were actually collapsed....making the car sound like a diesel truck. HVA lifter noise is much different.

I'm certianly not trying to discourage you from taking it there, just speaking from experince. If it's making noise, you should at least get it looked at. However, don't believe everything you read on the forums about the cause/solutions for the lifter tapping.
My dog swallowed my FOB. Luckily it was Comfort Access so I could still drive the car. Of course I had to take him with me everywhere and every time he rolled over the windows went down.
Appreciate 0