View Single Post
      03-11-2011, 04:38 AM   #868
bigbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: many

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
I have to admit I have been surprised by the response I have got form the boss of BMWorld.
Against all the advice I had been given, I decided to email that hotmail address and the respose I got was not what I expected at all.
BMW Ruxley told me that all my brakes were illegal and would never pass an MOT. As anyone could imagine I was pretty shocked. I indended to go down to BMWorld and have a row after posting what I had posted above. (I had even looked into ombudsmans, contacted consumer direct and spoken to the second hand car trade association.) Instead, the bossof BMWorld emailed me first to ask what the matter was and how could he help. When I told him he immediately offered to change all the brakes and pads free of charge.
I took the car in yesterday, and his service manager walked me round the car and told me that the brakes were not illegal but that they would change them anyway as agreed. All the brakes, pads and sensors were changed with genuine BMW parts (I checked them before they went on).
They then put the brakes in the boot and told me to have the brakes indepedently inspected. I took them to the lads at kwik fits and they told me they were well worn, but far from illegal.

I would genuinely advise anyone with a problem with their car to contact Peter on that hotmail adress, I now have a car that I trust is safe and Peter has been very accomodating and helpful.
thank you very much ..if anyone has a problem please e mail me on peterbmws@hotmail.co.uk still waiting for x3 man email or reg to help him to please please let have you reg so as i can look into it urgentley or are you another car dealer just posting to make us look bad please please lets have that reg i want to help thanks
Appreciate 0