06-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #123
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
1. Right i see your problem, the lci xenon cars actually fire the xenon bulb when the flash to pass is activated. May be worth looking through your frm's .man file for the value to change for this to work.

2. Coding for xenon does not change the amount of watts fed to the bulb, all it does is change the check control values so the car knows if a builb is out. The bulb itself draws the amount of watts it needs, as does any electrical load. It is only the voltage that is regulated by the car. The amps and watts depend on the resistance of the load (the bulb/ballast in this case) It's just the same as swapping your 60w bulb in your living room light for a 40w one. (btw i am a qualified electrician)

My car just went through MOT with the xenon headlights, but no washers or auto leveling. But yes i think your right that they don't check the adjuster knob inside car. It is defininetly a big advantage having it working though so you can easily fine adjust the level without having to keep going under the bonnet with an allen key.

No there is no flickering at all.

Many thanks for taking time and responding to this.
1- There is one way or the other way with the coding. So if I code it for pure xenons, the high beam work when lights are off, but the shutter does not work when the headlights are on.

And with the method mentioned on this thread, shutter works when the headlights are on, but nothing when the headlights are off.

I have tried different combinations but there is no way of mix and match.

2- Thanks for clarifying that.

Lastly, have you driven your car on the country side with the high beams on?

The reason I asked is that when you tap pin 6 to 5, it gives approx 13 volt to the shutter and that is constant going to into the shutter.

I'm afraid that it may blow the shutter motor. I assume that on OEM xenon fitted car, the high beam just opens the shutter and leave it at that position, till you pull the stalk again.

Whereas with this coding method, the shutter motor keep working if you push the stalk forward.

I may be wrong, but going to check on a car with xenon fitted from factory.

Whats your take on this?

thanks.