sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rk View Post
As for residuals.

If you are selling it privately it won't add anything to the value but some buyers may want it and therefore not look at your car against others. If trade in however, you are right, the dealer wont care
I'm sorry pal, but that's simply not true.
Every finance company in the country makes an allowance to the residual value of a car with nav. If the dealer doesn't give you additional money come p/x time it's because he's sees you as a soft touch; he knows the nav car is worth more money, but tells you it isn't, so he has additional margin come sale time.

If there were two cars on a forecourt, identical in every way apart from idrive the car with I drive will be worth more. This translates down to private sales as well. To say a car with idrive is worth no more than one without is simply not true.

As for the quality of the system; I don't think anyone with idrive would try to argue that the actual navigation element of the nav could even compete with the latest external unit. But, whilst a brodit mount is unarguably a much nicer solution than circles all over the windscreen, cables trailing all over the place look pony.

As has already been covered extensively, the idrive is also a lot more than navigation; I can recall trying to scroll through the contents of my iPod via the standard 'business' head unit and it was ridiculous, one line of text at a time.

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0