View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 04:15 AM   #82
dotmit
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 325i | K46 S1000RR

So far I've used my navigation 3 times and 3 times it's taken me to the wrong place. I'd be better off with apple maps (which has actually got me to the right place when the BMW nav has failed me.

I blame this on having version 2008-2 maps and no postcodes. I already told the BMW person who called me asking about whether I was satisfied with my car that it's absolutely pathetic that an approved used car from a dealer doesn't come with the latest maps and postcodes when it costs them nothing to update them.

Would I change my mind about my navigation requirement if I were buying my car again? Hell no! The only thing I'd do is push the salesman to update the maps before I commit my deposit! Even if it's not the greatest system to use, it's the least-distracting system as it's operated from tactile feedback on a click wheel and has a much clearer, larger display than any tomtom.

I also highly recommend Sygic on iPhone for those who want a great navigation app. It's one of the best navigation apps I've used and it's only £40 for full europe unlimited map updates etc.
Appreciate 0