AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Is it on yet mate?
Not yet mate, am thinking of ordering one in the next week or picking it up locally as I've located a tuning shop carrying this product for about £90 unpainted and seems to be very good quality - stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
The thing with the ms-8 is that its quite tricky to get it configured properly, especially if you have a partially amped system. This is because the ms-8 level matches all speakers during calibration. So the key is to make sure all speakers are at the same "volume" during the calibration sweeps. You can adjust amp gains and use an SPL meter for this. Even better get similar efficiency rated speakers, this is one of the reasons i got all Morels for the front. But dont worry, once you start troubleshooting, you will get loads of help from people who've been through the same thing!

I didn't realise it was tricky to configure, I thought it does the configuration very well which is why it was so highly anticipated!? I guess when I do come to installing it in a few months (after I stack up on all the necessary equipment), I'll need to get it done professionally! Or with the help of someone on this forum in due course.

I've never heard the L7 components before so cant really give a fair comment. But I suspect the Morels would beat them hands down in SQ. This is because a fair number of people change from OEM/L7/Focals to Morels, and can hear the difference even with an ms-8. To me they sound amazing.

I've heard L7 on its own without any EQ etc and it sounds 10x better than BASE so with the right calibration and decent boot sub they could be enough.. but you're right, I'll always think "what if"...

If you're going to use Logic7 processing on the ms-8 (which most people do as its so good) then your centre speaker is quite important. I used to have a cheap (but still decent) Vibe Slick 4 for my centre. Sounded decent but then i got a Morel Coax and SQ was so much better. For SQ, its better to go with Morels.

I'll def get a centre speaker and only know of the Vibe Slick 4 through B33M3R (Matt's) install thread!
I'll look into the Morel variety..

Having said that some people with the OEM Logic 7 system are happy with their speakers with an ms-8. Its a personal preference and up to you, but you might waste a bit of money if you decide you want the Morels after! There is also a UK member called MrSingh, who showed me some speakers he is able to get. He had a thread with his review in the audio section. Its a new complete plug and play package (mids and underseats, but no centre IIRC) but i havent heard them. Might be worth asking him as they might be cheaper than the Morels. By the way dont worry about the rear speakers for now. First decide on your front ones. This is because the fronts will be amped, rears wont, so you'll need more efficient rears to match fronts. This can be worked out once you decide on amp/speakers.

Yeah I've seen MrSingh's thread but must refresh my memory on it once again.. How does the MS8 get connected with the standard speakers? Does it require a special harness as such as I don't want to tap into OEM wires.
On the subject of wires.. Would I need the 4/4 TECHNIC Harness or 4/6 harness for the purpose of my install? Any clues? Technic has those two variations but I'm not sure :-(... yeah not gonna fret over rear speakers and in fact won't even bother changing them.. they can stay OEM .. all about the front end babayyy and of course the Boot Sub!

Regarding the amp, please read through my comments in your other thread, in the audio section. But now you have actually got the ms-8 you will need 2 amps, if you're still going to upgrade the speakers of course. 5 channels for inside the car (mids woofers and centre, leave rears off ms-8) and then your sub amp. An amp which loads of people have used on this forum, with Morels and Jehnerts, is the JL XD600/6. Its compact, so it can be hidden away, and will give you 6 nice channels of clean power. There is not one complaint of an XD user on here.
Oh cool, So I need a 6 channel for fronts (will this also power the tweets in line with the door components?) and a mono block for the sub in the boot? Will the monoblock only prove 1 channel or could I bridge and power 2 subs?

Lastly, what other subs are good other than the JL W7? I ask as not everyone has the option of getting w7's given its hefty price tag (even though I've been offered a very fair price off a forum member - you know who you are... I'm going to do my research and let you know but please feel free to post up on other mediums - thanks v much dude! :-) )?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Also if funds are tight, then you can always upgrade in stages to your perfect system.
True.. but what I did in the past was over a period of a few months, I collected / bought my items and that way it wasn't so bad. but I installed in one hit and that's what I want to do again :-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
I am getting the following installed on my car at the moment mate

Morel Hybrid Ovation II - fronts
Logic 7 Center speaker
Logic 7 Rear Decks - I bought some Rainbow Vanadium's in hopes they'll fit the rear decks, but they unfortunately dont :-(
SWS8 subs
MS 8
Audison LRX 6.9

That's a great list! Were you the one who bought those Vanadiums from the forum member recently as I noticed they didn't hang around for long loll.

Where did you buy the Audison LRX 6.9 from btw.. I'm looking in Audison amps too - can't go wrong and good resale value held over time.

I did quite a lot of research on the 4"'s and the Morel's came out on top SQ wise, I got mine from Isreal, contact ebay seller superdeals.ltd, costs about £275 + VAT + Customs charges, or contact seller rs32 on talkaudio, he had a complete set on sale for £350 or if you are happy with Morel Dotech ovations, you could get it from ebay seller captaincable for £250

I've seen those Morel Dotech Ovations for about £250 and have been considering them.. I'll look into the aforementioned sellers dude, cheers for the heads up :-D

How did you find the focal's on your E90 ? If you were happy with them, then they are available for £188 from lots of sellers on ebay, caraudiooutlet being one

Although I enjoyed the upgrade from OE to focals, in hindsight, I found them very 'bright' and the tweeters were loud for what they are hence I won't go down the Focals - atleast not on this install. I figured since I did the Audison Bit One + Focal + SWS upgrade, I might as well try something else now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focal-100K...item4165044777
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragha View Post
I upgraded from base stereo to:

MS8
Logic 7 all round (E92) incl centre with tweet. These are all run off the MS8 (2ohm) TBH I havent heard the focals / moresl et al but the Logic 7 sound great but then again I am no Uber audiophile.

Just bought SWS8 subs (as you know) and will buy a sub amp only - the MS8 seems plenty loud enough for mids and tweets IMO.
That's a decent upgrade not breaking the bank and yet delivers bang for you buck I would have thought. :cool: