Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Not sure if you are serious but Subaru's are very safe (one of the safest on the road), and I'm quite sure they are going to be a lot safer then a mid 90's M3. Safety in respect to vehicles has come a long way since 1995-99.

Depending on the year, Subaru's have 2-6 air bags, and believe it or not airbags are not the only determination of safety in a vehicle. Crumple zones, impact zones, engineering of the uni-body, and other factors play a large role in the car's safety.

My buddy was a fire fighter, and he went to a training scenario with a late model subaru, he said the jaws of life had a hard time cutting through an A-pillar, they use some very high strength steel and welding techniques.

Fore more for specific safety information on cars checkout http://www.iihs.org/ratings/default.aspx
Thanks for the explanation. I almost typed one out, but just refused to this morning based on the arrogance and/or ignorance of the guy (at least that's what I interpreted). I almost even sent him to the frontal crash ratings link. OP wasn't speeding (or so he said), so I don't know where the issue of fast cars come into play. Mind you, the STI has Brembos going for it :-D

Also OP, Toyotas are on a mass recall... again! Don't wanna be messing around with those.
Appreciate 0