08-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
he gives me this explanation that putting the rear in alignment "pulls the front" in alignment as well.
I still don't understand how the front right wheel knows if the rear is misaligned or not. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Also, does anyone know what these pins, which are circled in red in the pictures below are for? And when an alignment is performed, do the large screws on top of the strut have to be loosened?

Is this difference possible without adjusting the front and only adjusting the rear?
Hi,
I think you have been bent over by the dealer here

Nothing you alter on the rear geo can affect the physical camber/toe/caster on the front.

The stats show a camber change up front, but yes to do that you must shift the top of the strut a little.
The struts have the pin you pointed to so when its built the strut locates in the correct position - the three nuts on the strut are then tightened.
To alter front camber you have to drill out those two pins, loosen the three nuts and move the whole thing.
If you need a lot of camber adjuatment you may need to elongate the holes in the chassis (turret tops) and that requires the front suspension to be dropped out of the way.

The rear camber is adjusted by an eccentric bolt on a suspension arm btw.

Either they lied, or have NO idea how to run that geometry rig they have.
A Hunter GSP9700 is a tyre balancing rig too, not a geometry rig - maybe you got the wrong name here?

Last edited by m1bjr; 08-19-2010 at 07:07 PM..
Appreciate 0