05-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #18
ndq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow191 View Post
So you removed the flapper valve and used a regular hose to the OCC and it caused a rough idle? Or you pulled the hose off entirely and it caused a rough idle?

The PCV valve install takes 10 minutes. I think I'm the one who mentioned that the tabs have to be shaved down. Basically the RB is a tiny bit bigger than the OEM so there are 4 tabs on the cap. I couldn't get the RB PCV in without taking a razor to the tabs. Literally just shaved a tiny bit off. I supposed you could force it on there, but it seemed easier to trim a tiny bit. If you bought the RB cap, you probably wouldn't need to do anything. Or if your OEM valve had a slightly looser tolerance, maybe no shaving is necessary.
No, I still have the flapper valve connected. I just had to rig it since one of the retention clips during removal. I didn't have a clamp to put over it since I was doing it late night and shops were closed and being the stubborn, impatient person I am...I had to finish what I was doing that night. The solution may be to just take it all apart and re-seal it.

Is this RB cap/PCV really worth it, though? Holy shit $120 for a PCV and a cap...seems a little...overpriced.
Appreciate 0