View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #42
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Jeff I know you are advocating the Trunk mount kits and very much against the WW kits but how do you explain commercially available windshield washer fluid which is close to 50% meth, which is the ratio that is recommended in these kits?

Mike
I'm not sure that is the point, Mike. However, I will entertain your question, I'm fairly certain their are PLENTY of warning labels about the use of those fluids on the label? Is there not?

From your position it would seem that you would advocate a potential risk for NO real benefit when there is a less risky option easily within reach, so the question remains, why push it so hard?

There is actually an inherent design flaw in the car in general with its location of the WW reservoir/neck. To be honest I think BMW themselves should look into relocating on the WW filler neck but that is for a different discussion and something that will likely never reach the right people. It is likely that its not a large enough risk on a large scale as most general BMW users use BMW WW fluid which is not over 40% concentration so the risk is likely deemed negligible to them.

My answer is always stick with the solution, Mike. The solution however you want to cut the slice is, simply move to a trunk mount tank.

I'm not sure why you want to fight tooth and nail over this, there is plenty of money to be made in the upgrade to a trunk mount tank, you should see this as dollars signs afterall? haha

But I have to ask, commercial grade ww fluid in a passenger car? Seems a little out of place, doesnt it?

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 05-01-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0