View Single Post
      04-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #85
mazdaspeed6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAP1 View Post
I am familiar. I probably have owned more 03 04 Cobras than 99.9% of the population. My previous business was buying...modding...tuning..selling Terminators ...Z06...Camaro SS...WS6 Trans Am...GTO...shipping them World wide. We were the only ones you would click on E-bay and see a dyno video. Fresh dyno and video came with every car. We mainly focused on 03 04 Cobras though.

My past car (before the 335i) was a 1000hp 04 Cobra with a 91MM Hellion Hellraiser kit.

The Cobra is an interesting animal. When we dynoed them...they were very inconsistant with the dyno numbers. We would dyno comparable cars...same mods..or stock vs stock..same day ect. We would see up to a 60rwhp difference.

Some were freaks...some were turds. Although factory rated at 390 we would see anywhere from 360rwhp up to 420rwhp+ stock.

With a Cold Air Intake, Exhaust, Tune, Pulley ...they easily achieve 450-480 rwhp range. Port the stock blower...get over 500 rwhp. Limitation is the stock blower gets heat soaked pretty quickly.

Watch out for the ones with Kenne Bell, or Whipple Superchargers. Many in the 600-750 + range. Twin Turbos...600-1000+ rwhp.

I still say with how efficient the BMW puts down power. A domestic muscle car such as the GTO, Camaro, Trans Am, Mustangs...will need 40-50 more rwhp to me a match for the N54 powered cars. This is a theory I want to test.

I am a first time Euro owner. Love the 335i! I think we are just starting to see the potential of these motors. Warranties are running out...mods are going strong. I look forward to getting mine over the 500 rwp mark and in the 10's 1/4 mile.

PS: Here is my current set up and dyno run. Have Catless DP's...JB3 2.0...and Meth injection that are waiting install. The dyno video shows current mods and #'s.

wow thats sick, yea this kid before he got this 03 he had a turboed 04 cobra with 750whp i think and he got ride of it because he didnt want the turbo lag anymore lol... must be nice