12-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #56
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
Mine slips in auto mode only (d or s), no slippage in manual mode... Why is that?
Because that is the more aggressive mode in which the shifting is not dictated by the TCU or DME unless you do something it doesn't like

D Mode - For regular driving. nothing else. Any sudden lead foot action will cause it to slip

S Mode - without Sport button on, it will slip at instant lead foot action. Quicker throttle response, and loves to rev really high before shifting. Technically it shouldn't be used with out "Sport Traction" being enable for too lazy to use or don't know how to use M - Mode

M Mode - will slip at higher revs without "Sport Traction (ST)" being enabled. With ST off its more tolerant with short shifting regardless of lead foot action, just be moderate about it.

M Mode w/ Sport - does not like power short shifting 4k-5k RPMS, throttle plate will close on you . I use this mode for DD, as I never have any reason to shift pass 4k RPMs but love the lead foot action to over take cars

M Mode w/ ST enabled - this simply put is the best all out mode, short shifting, power short shifting, high rev shifting, its just more enthusiast friendly, this is the DCT's home. Whenever I intend to go into higher RPM, its just one button press for me since I am always driving with the Sport button already enabled.

Last edited by BQTuning; 12-19-2013 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0