View Single Post
      09-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #21
SuperBmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post
Well, I think they both sounds nice in their own way, but Vanguard is definitely louder than Dinan.....

If you really don't care for the performance, then I'd go with PE, since you said you'll be changing the tips anyway. How much is the PE exhaust anyway? If they're anywhere close to the price of Vanguard, then I'd say go with the Vanguard, because you get the added benefit of having a few extra ponies.

I know you said you don't care about the performance of an exhaust, but if you can have that with the same price that you're paying for the PE, then why not?
Well, I vbox test my car after each mod... and after running meth at high boost... even downpipes barely made a notcieable difference in my 1/4 mile times, was running the same times just 1mph faster, only reason I kept them on was for the sake of my turbos. So taking that into consideration I doubt my exhaust will make even a TINY bit of difference so it's all about making the nicest sound for me.

The PE and Vanguard will cost me the EXACT same amount, so price shouldn't be taken into consideration... the exhaust will be based 100% on the sound it makes. The extra ponies wont make a difference to me and if I needed them I could just cut secondary cats out and get things all even.

Too bad youtube doesn't represent how an exhaust sounds in person at all.
Appreciate 1