Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
My 2007 has had no problems and I never received a letter so it's not going in. Someone on this sight basically said I was an idiot for not taking it in. Why would I take it in if every other person posting on here says they are on their second, third or fourth pump and BMW hasn't figured the problem out. When they finally fix the problem then maybe I'll take it in or if it fails but makes no sense to let them F it up when they have proven the can't fix it. I've only seen one person on here say they actually received a letter and I'm not sure they just saw a copy posted or actually received one.
Im with you 100% I do have a letter in my hand and shocked I got it. I'm not taking it in and like you said some guys on this site are on their 3rd pump!!! I have mods and drive my car with my foot in it often and have had no issues. I'll wait till it breaks.
Thanks for this. I just got my letter. No pump prob yet on my 08 335. Letter has some mumbo about failing emissions if not done in Cali. Just had my car smogged - super clean. Thinking of waiting till it breaks. Maybe they'll have a more reliable pump. Most of my friends have had no fails yet. All pretty new cars though.
Appreciate 0