View Single Post
      01-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #438
pimple
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i N54

I have to chime in with my experience regarding this much-hyped recall. First, the dealer is going only by what BMW tells them (reprogramming, new pump, and/or new injectors) regardless of any supporting information in service bulletins, and any recall instructions they're following is vehicle (VIN) specific. Second, BMW is being very selective about sending out recall letters, as I have not yet received any.

My car has the -881 pump replacement and the original 13 53 7 565 138-03 injectors and despite what is stated in the service bulletins, my car is only being flagged for the reprogramming.

Dealer says we'll do only what BMW says and to contact BMW Customer Relations to answer supposed discrepancies. BMW Customer Relations is saying contact the dealer for specifics. In all cases, I'm being told to ignore the service bulletins because their function is to instruct the technician during a repair and nothing else.

So, there you have it. My contribution to add clarification--or further muck it up and add to the hysteria.

Last edited by pimple; 01-13-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Appreciate 0