01-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #566
Pavlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D M-Sport Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_h View Post
Every instance I recall in this long thread has been about such a setup.

Thanks for clearly stating what I wasn't able to. I was referring to the latter situation.

I'm steering clear of drivers like the SWS-8 due to the former situation, as discussed, even with the MS8 in place which could partially correct it. My preference is for a driver built to deliver the heart of the range I am looking for, rather than forced to do what its not optimized for. There's a lot of important musical information in the 100hz to 200hz range. If that means I have to accept roll off below 40hz, that's okay.

A five string bass can get down to 30hz, as can a piano, but I'm will to compromise a little on those lowest notes to achieve better balance throughout the rest of the range.

I meant its major freq range, Sorry. But it was top of my head and I've just double checked and yes 6 string only 6 and 5 play B0 (30Hz) and 1 plays C3 (130Hz) but majority is 40-100Hz

And that's fine a SSMB8 range is 30 - 500 Hz so I can't still see why with the MS-8, you would still need a trunk sub.

In my case I need deep bass and currently not looking to add a trunk sub. So want to keep those lows as they are fine, I just have to sort this mid-bass issue im having with them. Once its sorted, fingers crossed. yes I may of tuned it to achive this but if it plays the mids well and stay this bassy. It doesn't matter how it's doing it as along as its sounds right, it sounds right! Other underseats just won't play this deep and hit this hard. So I may not need sub or any other additional speakers if this works. If NOT, then yes time to look at 6.5/8 in the doors or underseats, subs, MS-8 etc.. Basicly be in your boat...
Appreciate 0