06-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #77
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Yeah, that's right, we love the "user experience" so much in BMW, let us drill through 4+ layers of menus to get to anything in iDrive....

And have you used the voice recognition in our cars?
Unless you know the name of the item you need by heart, it won't recognize it. It isn't a natural speech system.

Is it better than MB or some other makes, sure... but look how hard Hyundai of all people is pushing. 2014 and we still can't remote start our engine from the connect app or get a real navigation systems that doesn't suck balls...

Give me Google Now and Google Maps and the iOS look and implementation please.
your CiC idrive interface may not be ideal for you today, but it's a continued improvement over the last generation idrive. At the end of the day, iOS doesn't bring any value added items in terms of user interface to iDrive that trumps the cost of further development by the BMW.

So I stand by my theory that iOS is completely counter to BMW's hands-free concept for idrive interface. That, and also iOS will continuely become a smaller market share in in the WORLD in the upcoming years, especially in China the world fastest growing auto market.
Appreciate 0