View Single Post
      04-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus135i View Post
Just got notification that my JB3 2.0, DCI's, BT & USB combo has cleared customs and should be arriving tomorrow

Now the thing is I live in Johannesburg South Africa at an altitude of 5700ft and am just wondering what sort of gains in wheel HP I could typically expect with just the JB3 & DCI's? I know its usually 60-80 HP at sea level but not sure what the effect of altitude will be? Bone stock dyno was 283 BHP & 303 lb/ft

Also what 1/4 mile times can be expected with these mods at altitude, I've got a 6MT? The local guys seem to run around 13.8 stock

Unfortunately 91RM (95RON) is the highest octane fuel available. However I can get my hands on some Torco octane booster, hopefully this should get me to 93RM? Has anyone tested 2.0, map5 at altitude higher than 5000ft using only 91, if so did you get any codes? I know a water meth injection kit will sort out all octane problems but unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait a while until I've got enough $'s
Since your climate is always hot and the fuel is not the best, your next mod should be meth injection for sure!
Appreciate 0