View Single Post
      10-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
scotty_miller
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 E46 M3

Rear end sliding... HELP

This issue has been happening for a while now and I'm starting to actually get a little concerned as a safety issue. Tonight in the rain driving home I kept getting a sliding feeling in the rear and it causes me to fish tail or slide a little and then the steering wheel will follow and I have to fight it a little to keep me under control. But tonight going no faster 40 around a slight on the boulevard it went ape Sh** and went sideways completely. At first I thought it was the subframe bushings and replaced them with powerflex and it didn't solve the problem last week cause it happened last week also. . So I got home tonight and looked under the car and everything from what I could see is sound. It happens when I'm just driving straight too or when it's dry out I feel the rear end float or move a little when going over a bridge and going ober the expansion joints or hitting a dip. Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm putting the car on the jack this weekend and really checking everything out. Want to get everything checked out before the snow comes and I end up in a ditch. I know xi's are a little floaty but I don't think its supposed to be this severe. Sorry for such a long thread. Just need some help
Appreciate 0