01-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesr3 View Post
I've bought a bad batch of Super and diesel and found this too.

Nowadays I only buy Shell Fuelsave diesel as it is typically 55-58 cetane (according to shell) and fresh. My 535d runs as well on Fuelsave as it does on BP Ultimate, but perhaps the BP Ultimate round where I live is old and stale as it's by far the most expensive and least available fuel. I find Fuelsave to be as good as Supermarket fuel plus Millers too and as Shell can be found for the same price near a supermarket I don't bother with Millers any more.
deja thread again eh guys

Remember my thread when I went down from BP Ultimate D to normal shell.. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394206

FuelSave seems as good tbh...perhaps I should repeat the test with BP Ult to FuelSave...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335diesel View Post
Until there's proper proof, I'm not interested.

"Posh" fuels get used a lot less so often degrade more. With super unleaded, you're often getting a lower octane rating than normal petrol. I imagine it's similar with diesel.

I've used "super" fuels and felt no difference except a lighter wallet.

The fuel companies seem to dodge providing actual facts - it's all "grey" waffle and hot air.

For that reason I'm out.
I agree fella, would really like to see proper proof.....which BP do provide to a point. Is it worth the premium...hmmm at the moment I am with you and FuelSave.