View Single Post
      04-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #100
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Jeff has a good point, but we also need to realize that until we get over 800 whp we probably don't need secondary injectors. We first need to fix the valve float issues that kicks in around 700 whp. So again, kinda pointless to put the cart before the HP. Nice option though and it will be a nice looking piece once we get all the other issues with making big power worked out.
valve float around 700whp?

so an issue that no one has discovered yet, and no one knows about? :P

regardless, anyone looking to make north of 700whp should be smart enough to look into headwork, it's not economical for RB/stage 2 level turbo builds, but for big singles/twins, the HP/$ is a LOT better.. not to mention the added reliability, just in case there was a valve float problem (which would more likely happen if you tried revving over 7000-7500+ (which also sadly isn't possible/feasible right now due to fuelling) rpm lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMARS View Post
I spoke Ferrea and they have a n54 head that they are working their magic on now ;-)
Soon people soon the monster will be awake!!! :-)
really? got a link/email quote about this?

dzenno had some custom valves made up about 6mths ago, and they don't actually build heads

anyone that wants some ferrea valves just has to send an OE sample and get some! ahah

i wonder if HPF and proefi are in together with this, we all know proefi is going to come with the ability to run a PI intake manifold setup, and if HPF was already 90% of the way there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
We won't know until until they get things put back together and tested. I don't have a lot of details regarding this as I heard about this from someone else in the know. Sounds like a spring upgrade and porting.
if there's a head at ferrea, it's likely some oversized valves too, no point going to them just for a port job and some springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
They will be $1295 for wrinkle black and $1395 for polished.

It's taking so long because the company making the tooling for us has had to adjust our model a few times. Each time they make an adjustment we have to confirm fitment in house. The adjustments are done to the tool so that the aluminum pour and thickness will be perfect and so the part can be machined the way we want it afterwards. There is a lot of machining done to this piece and it will be hot, but we are definitely taking our time with this one so it will be perfect. I think the pricing is right and these will be flying out the door. The cool thing is you can simply bolt it up and run it without making any other changes. Then when you get a secondary set of injectors you simply unscrew the injector hole plugs and install the injectors. This will be perfect for those that want to simply allow the factory computer and direct injection to control the car most of the time and have the secondary set of injectors come on when the fuel demands exceed the direct injection capabilities similar to the Underground Racing Lambos. It can also be used with a full standalone for those that want to not use the direct injection at all.

Chris.
ooh that's a GREAT sounding price (though i'd assume +$1k or more for the rail/injectors? haha

i'm definitely going to be in for this if it all turns out well, just have to wait for someone to make something to control the injectors... or proefi to one day release their standalone :P

Last edited by flinchy; 04-01-2013 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0