Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enron29 View Post
I'm over being the nice guy. But I don't really have legal fees set up or time if she tries to pull something. I don't understand what the hell she would get. She has moved out and there is only 5 days left on the contract. I am just trying to get a realtor in there to start showing the place. But now she said, and I quote this, "you are welcome to enter the property at anytime beginning November 21st", which is the day after the lease agreement ends.
Just send her a message back along the lines of, "California law permits entry into a rented apartment in order to show the unit to prospective tenants. As required under California law I am hereby giving you 24 hours notice of my intent to enter the property to show it to prospective tenants. Please refer to California Civil Code Section 1954(d)(2) for any questions you may have."

Don't forget to do everything the law requires, which is state the approximate date and time of entry as well as leave proof that you have entered the premise (a business card or letter.)

Every day you wait to get the realtor in there to post pictures is another day you could lose a future tenant because they don't see your property.