View Single Post
      04-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #132
Hogson100
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Cars with voice recognition that have been programmed with V25.x need enabling codes to activate the function. If the codes dont load from the FSC DVD then the codes can be obtained by ordering using this part number 65 83 6 976 389 via the parts system from the dealer.
Once this order has been processed BMW AG will create the enabling codes and make them available for the dealer to download from the ASAP website (aftersales assistance portal).Can take approx 2 hrs to half a day.
The download is located in the "parts and accessories" section and lower down on that page is a section called "sweeping technologies" and the top link is "download Freischalt codes".

When this link is opened there are two boxes that open one asks for vehicle VIN number the other one asks for the dealer number the trick here is to leave the vin number blank and just enter the international dealer number then the download will be displayed and its just a case of clicking on it unzipping it save it to a floppy then it can be imported to the vehicle when it is programmed. If the Vin number is entered in the download section it does not display anything.

I have done this process myself several times and I have had no problems getting the voice recognition to work.
Paul
Appreciate 0