mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Bumpstops and Shocks for 25-30mm AC Schnitzer lowering springs

Hi,

Firstly I do not know much about lowering so may ask some silly questions

I recently put some ACS lowering springs on my car, and rather naively didn't replace the bump stops.

I now want to upgrade the OEM shocks and the bumpstops at the same time. I have had some advice from a forum member over in the states, who says the E36 M3 front bumpstops and E85 Z4 rear bumpstops would be a good choice. But just wanted to know what everyone else has done with 25-30mm lowering springs? Apparently you shouldn't use OEM bump stops with lowering springs.

Regarding the shocks I am looking at 3 options. Bilstein B4s, Koni Sports Yellows or the ACS ones that come as a kit with my current springs. Am I right in thinking I should go for monotube ones?

The Bilstein ones are the cheapest at £328 shipped, Konis are £513 shipped and the ACS ones are £580 collected from Aachen, Germany LOL. It would cost me another £100 there and back but this is still cheaper than buying from ACS UK. They are a lot more expensive than the Bilstein and Konis, plus i'm sure some of that money is for the ACS branding. But then again they always go on about how they've researched into it and the springs/shocks are perfectly designed to work together and with my car AND the original bumpstops.

Can someone please clarify things for me? Am i being silly even considering going to Germany to buy ACS shocks (wouldn't mind the day out with a few friends though thrashing it on the Autobahn), or are they really that amazing? I just don't want to buy shocks which are not great for my set of springs, for which the spring rates are not published.

Many thanks

Edit: I never go tracking but may do one day. But for now I want the ride to be firmer, but i really don't want that rock hard feel. Just firmer going around corners and reduce body roll if possible.
Appreciate 0