04-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #9
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by a l l a n View Post
It's better to have extra parts anyways as you wouldn't want to start removing your trim and find out you don't have enough parts to do the job. From what I can recall I think you can reuse the center console clips so I think you're right on that.

I think bavdom's ashtray piece won't fit so be ready with a dremel kit so you can trim the side, edges and bottom of the ashtray cover. Once you see the original wood ashtray cover you'll see how much trimming you'll need to do.
+1 On the ashtray cover... After not getting it to fit well, I ended up trying to force the crap on and broke the clips off... Then, i just proceeded on filing the sides down and crazy glued the cover on (my new sunglasses tray I ordered just for this reason). Now, it all looks perfect. However, i haven't done the install yet as i did not receive all the parts yet...

Anyway, I went down to Tischer BMW, and Jason Reighard really helped me out. He told me everything i will and might need, so I ordered accordingly.

Anyway, here is what i got:

(07) 51-45-8-266-808 PIN
(20) 51-41-6-976-220 Threaded Bolt
(01) 51-16-7-132-376 Spectacles Tray

The above is all you need for a direct replacement... they are all that you need for the bolt replacement (same as the aluminum trim)...

Last edited by SE3P_to_E90; 04-24-2008 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0