View Single Post
      01-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #136
ign335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
It's a valid lab result of how pumps work which you have clearly shown you have no clue. Other than a pressure regulator, Terry's testing was in an unrestricted environment and doesn't take into consideration restriction. A pump is a pump. I have always agreed that the walbro upgrade is a great solution for someone who wants to break apart their stock LPFP and replace it with a better pump. Although the FFTEC option cost double, it's plug n play and can be reversed quickly. As the graph indicates and is consistent with Terry's finding. The only thing he left out was the head. Dynamic Chang as pumps have to work harder or have increased restriction. So regardless of what you think or say, we now have three viable options thanks to Tony. I applaud everyone who brought the solution to our platform.
Thanks for chiming in Wedge. You want to keep going down this road, really? The parallel setup outflows by 40%+ at rated pressure. Sure, you can throw more restriction in front of it, but it sure as hell isn't going to make that full 40% flow difference go away. Maybe 10% of it if you're lucky. Again, supply some data ON THIS platform showing what you're saying is correct. Until then you've basically just been blowing hot air, and this data underscores that.
Appreciate 0