Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 LCI View Post
BFGoodrich
+1

I'm running the new sport comp 2's in 235/40r18 front 275/35r18 rear and love them. Excellent traction and low road noise. I've run the cheaper tires (hankooks, dunlops, falkens, toyos) in the past and they always seemed to wear faster and once halfway worn out break traction very easy in wet weather. Haven't had any complaints at all with the BFGoodrich, feel very solid when cornering and stick much much better in wet weather.

Pirelli's can be very good, I've seen good results from the pzero neros, good steel belt package and reinforced sidewalls. I've also seen several complaints about handling and noise from the Hankook v12's, narrower steel belt package, simpler sidewall and bead construction. There is a reason many cheaper tires are cheaper.

Put them side by side and you will notice that the Pirelli (or BFG, Michelin, and typically Yokohama) will have a more square look than the Falkens, Hankooks, and most Nittos and Dunlops. This translates into better construction with more material for a wider contact patch and better treadblock reinforcement.
Like us on facebook!
Appreciate 0