View Single Post
      03-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #5
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
I'm not so convinced that this will actually happen. The current Panamera is slotted in between the 5 series/E class and the 7 series/S class in terms of size. To be a direct competitor to the 5/E it would need such a minute decrease in size that it doesn't make sense.
Dude its not size

Its the price.

Everything comes down to money...who cares about the size? People will buy the new Porsche mini-sedan and pay $60K even if its the size of the new 3 series...I know I would.

Porsche handling on the Panamera is just THAT good...it leaves any other sedan I've driven behind...7 series isn't even 20% of the Panamera when it comes to dynamics and feel and interior too (thx Audi!). Plus the Porsche badge...and assumign the rear is nice, which it will be....have you seen the front of the panamera/cayenne....its straight up PIMP.

Way better than bland BMW. Only car that compares in looks is Benz...and Benz will always look classy.

Porsche has.

1. 50 K SUV - Cayenne
2. 40 K SUV - Cajun coming out
3. Boxster - 45 K
4. Cayman - 65 K or so

5. Pajun (or whatever name) - 50-60 K mid-size sedan or small-sedan.

Why wouldn't they? Every other segment of theirs, including the sports car...has the cheap Porsche, why not a sedan? Good-bye BMW 5 series.
Appreciate 0