Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: E92 335 Coupe

Garage List
2007 335 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky
Question about the gauge pod: Did you paint it the gloss black or did it come that way? According to the website, it mentions stock finish and texture for a match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333
+1, it looks gloss black, did it come that way? it looks awsome
It came matt black, but I painted it gloss black to match my CF trims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333
also, which one of these is the one you purchase?
E90; Standard Gauges (52mm) $124.99
E90; Universal Mount (52-60mm) $129.99
I chose the Standard version (52mm), knowing that

(1) The Defi Racer Gauges comes in 52mm
(2) gauges any bigger than 52mm will probably not work with the pod holder - they will block the speedometer and the tachometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig28
SIngapore is a very strict country.dont ever play around or fool around overthere........ Singapore Here I COME!
It is quite an irony that my understanding of Singapore's socio-political and economic structures started when I was studying political syllogism in Toronto (where I spent 5 years in academia). It was also during that period when I witnessed the Michael Fay saga, the Christopher Lingle incident, the lawsuit against Far East Economic Review and International Herald Tribune, from a "foreigner's" point of view.

While I am a full-fledged Singaporean, there are certain stubborn political idiosyncracies inherited in the political system when we broke away from Malaysia in 1965. In short, the system is deemed to be authoritatively democratic in the legal framework, illiberally democratic in the economic sense and socially democratic in the socio-political sense. The government exerts huge control over many aspects of our lives, including media, education and housing. But all these have been fine-tuned over the years with a younger batch of politicians holding the fort.

What was sacrificed? The freedom of press and speech. Perhaps some say human rights.

What is the fruit? Socio-equality (our income gap between the rich and the poor is way smaller than HongKong's) and stability. Peace. Low crime rates. So while Amnesty International criticised Singapore for having the highest execution rate per capita in the world, I can walk or drive alone all over Singapore in the wee hours of the night without fear. Crime rate is kept to a minimal by the tough laws. Guns and drugs carry the death penalty. Sex criminals are whipped. With these we all know which crimes hit virtually zero statistics.

It was indeed a strange experience after I returned to Singapore after those Canuck years, but I have since accustomed myself to it.

Mig28 - come visit me when you are in town, ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvillE90
do your thing man!!!! looks good and great choice.
Thanks, dude. Waiting for the V35 bonnet.......