11-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #22
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Yep, you need to remove the strut bar.

hmm... i believe to raise the height is counterclockwise, but you'll need to check that... just look at the threads and you should be able to figure it out...
Okay... I started this thing at 10 AM and I just got done around 7PM.
Multiple problems. The first main one was that I didn't have a rear spanner wrench.

I thought I raised the rear by turning CCW. I don't know how much travel it moves per turn but I feel that it's lower. The drivers side kept spinning with each turn so it was going nowhere.
I ended up taking off the lower control arm and I think I stripped the large 21MM bolt with the "E" shaped washer on the nut side. I marked it the best way I could and put it back the best way I could. I think that bolt controls the alignment?
The 19mm or 20mm nut on the LCA feels snug but it keeps spinning when I tighten it. I felt some resistance and then it felt loose again.

I adjusted the fronts 5 spins CCW and it's definitely higher because I can fit one finger under the fender now.
The rear I adjusted 5 spins CCW and it looks lower

I took it out for a spin and now my steering wheel is pointed more to the left and my DSC and RFT error lights came on.

I think when I took apart the lower control arm it messed up the alignment more than if I just raised the car. I'm going to go at it again tomorrow but I don't look forward to having to remove the lower control arm again.

Oh and I tried to get a wrench to adjust the rear but I ended up filing down an extra front one I had.
Appreciate 0