02-12-2008, 11:48 AM   #1
clark192
Second Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i (EU)

Euro 325i Help

Hi everyone.

I have two questions I was hoping I could get some help with. The first is that I drive the Euro version of the 325i, with the 2.5L N52 engine. I would like to know what, if any, US mods or European I could buy for the car. Would, say, Dinan parts work or fit on my car? If not, then are there any good euro tuners I could look at?

Second, I live in Bahrain, which is primarily a desert climate, and in the summer temps can reach 45C (~115F) every day for 5 months straight. I have seen a 335 overheat on the track here, in the midday, after only a few laps, and it wasnt even fully pushed. Considering the 325 does not have a temp gauge, I was wondering if getting a proper cold air intake would have any effect on regulating the engine temp, or if there were any mods I could get to make sure the engine does not overheat. I would like to eventually run my car on the track as well, once I get a few mods. I've been thinking about a complete new exhaust system, headers and all, as well as some Koni FSD's and maybe a new set of springs and sway bars? (<-- prob should post this in the suspension thread section)

Sorry for the long-winded post, but any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0