View Single Post
      12-09-2005, 02:47 PM   #12
Esprit
Registered
Rep
Drives: '01 Lotus Esprit

Hard wired V1

I removed the convienence overhead light panel with great apprehension as the panel is flimsy and not easily removed. I found the green 24awg wire that others tied into but IMHO it was too small. Especially for the insulation displacement connector (IDC) that comes with the V1. Not to mention the hot wire on the V1 transformer looks like 16 awg. Even then, I contemplated using the green wire but the IDC connector was not the right size for that wire and could cause sporadic power. After probing just about every wire up there, to find another larger awg hot wire to no avail, I decided it was the wrong place to connect the V1. I easily routed the wire along the windshield/headliner, down the piller trim and under the dash to the back of the fuse panel. In fact it took less time than removing the light panel! Still didn't hook it up yet because the V1 doesn't really fit well anywhere up there in the first place! Might just put it down low so I can put the visors down! I recommend trying the V1 up there prior to hard wiring it.
Appreciate 0