01-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #24
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
With few exceptions, production cars are mass produced compromises designed by committee, and then modified for production. And with few exceptions, i can't think of a mass produced compromise that can' tbe made better, or at least more individual, and less "off the rack."

Of course if you like living in a community of identical tract houses, and making sure you wear the exact same clothes as all the people in your clique, then I guess it makes sense to leave a mass produced car stock, like all the rest.

That's only because you're young and haven't learned the skills yet. I've built cars nearly from the ground up, but as hot rods and as race cars. And of course, I modded my E38 myself (not to the extent of my '63 Mercury Comet convertible, which is getting a custom frame, custom suspension, and a modded Lexus 4.0 liter DOHC V8)
Are you butt hurt because I don't like the style of the rims you put on your car? You are trying awfully hard to prove some point, I'm still not clear what that point may be, even though this topic is purely a subjective matter.
Appreciate 0