View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

Exact same issue on our 08 335iC, and just started on the 08 650i. Initially it was only the passenger side and only intermittently, and only by a little bit. Now the passenger side does it almost all the time and the driver side once in a while. Interestingly it does not matter if I store the correct position. After it happens and I recall the stored position the mirror gets completely out of whack. Looking at the sky mostly, etc. It only happens after a lock/open cycle. Folding does not seem to influence it. We fold the mirrors all the time but I have stopped for a while to see if that had anything to do with it.

After about 4 months my 650i started doing it on the passenger side. Both cars are in the shop for other things but they have already told us they could not reproduce the problem with the 3er. This was the 3rd time they couldn't. I don't blame them though.

Anyways. All this makes me think it is the memory module or some software issue. I would guess both cars have similar electronics for the mirror. Very annoying to spend the first 5 seconds of driving adjusting the mirrors.

Is there a bulletin out there yet? I can't wait.
Appreciate 0