Raayman
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320d Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeEmDubU View Post
sometimes it takes me so long to enter/calculate a route that by the time i finish entering a destination, I'm already at my destination.
If you are allready there, then why would you need the navi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiney
Raayman,
Well kudos to you for relaying your thoughts to the manufacturer. Maybe I'm naive, but given all of the negative publicity about Idrive, I would have thought BMW would consolidate repeated complaints covered in popular news groups. It's quite efficient in the electronic age with fast search engines (but then again that doesn't seem to be BMW's strength based on the OS of my Navi! )
Yeah I know. On the other hand the real enthusiasts usually know every nook and cranny and will be found on boards that are not necessarily commonly known to a manufacturer. I used to work for Logitech and I still find my own replies to e-mails in places where I would have never thought they would end up. And even now you sometimes find a really good idea where you would just wish that the people mail you their complaint. I mean I agree that a manufacturer should also pro actively try to solve problems or test a product to prevent problems in the future, but another problem is that when you work on something all day long for five days a week, at a certain point it always makes sense to you. Just like writing a paper back in college, at a certain point you would not see your own mistakes anymore because you are so focussed on the paper itself.

Quote:
Why do they even need this feedback? Can't they try a Garmin and quickly realize most of their design flaws immediately? It seems they must know the weaknesses of the system, but to fix these must not be as profitable as it seems. I just can't understand it.
Yeah, that one puzzles me a bit as well, but on the other hand it is very unlikely that you will find an official statement about that one from BMW (I sure as hell wouldn't after such a long time... )
Appreciate 0