Thread: white smoke?
View Single Post
      09-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
AllBlackBimmer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

I have noticed this a few times since owning my car (about 2 years)

I have a 2008 NON-TURBO with 62k on it.

first noticed this months? or over a year ago?... and didn't do anything about it then and haven't thought about it or noticed it since then.

Yesterday after work I drove my my buddys house - is about a 40 min drive... talked with him for about 10 mins, started my car up to drive home, he is standing at my drivers window when I am about to leave and goes "you know there is white smoke coming out of your exhaust"...

... i checked, saw that there was smoke, not a lot, and not too noticable, but it was there.

I did NOT smell a sweet smell of coolant.

I JUST had my oil changed at the dealership last week.

I do NOT have "white" or "milky" looking oil under my oil cap.

I have had my car inspected, and serviced atleast twice in the last year and not one mention of this or any codes - would this throw codes?

No engine lights, no codes (that I know of ) would the dealer clear the codes and NOT fix something?

My car is still under CPO.

Thoughts? I know I can take it to the dealer, but I am 99% sure if and when I do, they are just going to come back with "operating normally, no problems found" BS.

My radiator fan seems to kick on a high speeds under minimal load - I asked them last week to check my water pump and fan and "Everything is operating normally"... could these be related?

Last edited by AllBlackBimmer; 09-05-2012 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0