zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
When you pulled your plugs, did you see any oil on the tips? that's usually a sign of valve gasket.. They foul plugs pretty quick.

If the plugs didn't fix your WOT misfire, it's going to be coils. Cheap fix, bosch oem coils are about 30 a piece online.
How's it idle on a cold morning start? If it pops, it's injectors. - I have 3 more left if you need a few
Battery is $$, but that's with all e9x. Can't get away from that one.

The Walnut blast did amazing things to the smoothness of the car. I did it at 80k.
Suspension can add up.. Bushings go quicker on the regular 3's. Don't replace those with normal 3 bushings.

taillight issue is common for these e9x, even m3's. I had issues with my left tail bulb for a while. Would need to replace the bulb almost every week. Then it just went away, good for almost a year.

I wouldn't worry too much about the DME. I haven't heard of many of those going. But you make you sound like a ticking time bomb

What was your increase in insurance? I just got quoted and it wasn't much at all. That's going from a sedan ($80/month full coverage, $500 deduct.) and getting quoted for a e92 m. (cheapest was ~$117/month full coverage, $500 deduct. may go up or down depending on year though)
My insurance is HIGH. I don't really want to compare haha. I pay enough for a damn 335. Let's just say I should have a 2013 M3 with the total I'm paying.

The plugs were last done when the motor was pulled for the turbos, same with carbon cleaning. I'll be ordering new coils and doing them with new spark plugs in the next week or so. It's been about 20k since the last time.

Battery is just a battery (shut up Torgus), but I can't get away with dirt cheap Autozone batteries anymore like in the Nissan world.

Taillight issue was just an annoyance, and an excuse for a forced upgrade that all pre-LCI E92s should do anyways. Favorite mod in terms of appearance IMO.

DME issues are rare, but like you said the more you mod, the more that can go wrong. And it has happened to more than a handful of people, so it's looming in the back of my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_Shift View Post
Owned a g35 6spd.
Built motor twin turbo. 600hp. Spun tires at 60 in up to 5 fifth gear on the highway. 295 tires.

Not ever doing that to a car every again. The more you mod it the more shit breaks.
More pics. I miss the VQ world, minus the oil burning.
Appreciate 0