View Single Post
      03-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #21
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB 330ci
This isn't a Bush hating thread. I'm sure you guys can make your own thread for that occasion.

Back on Topic.

I'm not surprised he heard dire warnings of Katrina. Seriously I hear dire warnings of everything over here but you must put stuff in perspective. The president can do so much in a disaster. If you want to blame someone blame N.O. and that corrupt and inefficient government.

Building a city underwater is asking for trouble and they got it. No matter what YOU think, it was a risk with the placement of New Orleans and after dodging so many hurricanes N.O. finally got hit.

There is always a worst case, best case, and most likely scenario (course of action). If Katrina turned out to be a nothing the same people would be complaining about the massive buildup and waste of government funds for a minor disaster.

So in most cases the State and Local government prepare for the most likely course of action however this didn't happen. The most dangerous course of action took place resulting in what we see today.
Furthermore, during the evacuations order many people wanted to stay and ride out the storm after a mandatory evac order. And we wonder why so many people died. Mostly their own fault and ignorance.

New Orleans had years to repair or upgrade the levee system. They didn't do it and spent money somewhere else. The State and Local governments even screwed up a most likely scenario approach. The Federal government spent too much time fighting the state over jurisdiction, and other bureaucratic crap which should of disappeared in the wake of how major this hurricane was.

Bush can say "let there be light" but without electricity, no matter how hard he tries he can't turn on the light bulb. I don't think you can really blame the president for the Federal response. He declared it a federal disaster area right after the storm. That's should be all which is needed on his part. The president wasted time and money "visiting" the devastated areas and going on tours. Tours! Those people had better things to do than to provide security, photo-ops, and other crap for him.

My last case it the increasing racist comments from black idiots. I just can't believe some of those so called "civil rights" activists and what they say. I think all of us have heard the statements I'm talking about.

The government blew up the levees
Bush hates black people
We will build a black New Orleans....and other nonsense

These guys are some of the most racist black people ever and no one confronts them for their statements. hey continue to use organizations such as NAACP and keep screaming about racism and fighting for the "black man" give me a break. We know N.O. was one of the most corrupted and crime ridden city in the United States. I wonder if there is a corullation between the predomiently black population, level of income, education, and how badly the city was run. I bet that kind of study will never be published.

Perhaps in a perverse kind of way this will allow N.O. to rise above that and rebuild a much cleaner city.

In a way think about this, Blacks in this country are treated just like Muslims in a way...too afraid to make fun of or to really tell the entire story. Plus a majority of the Black people just go on riding along with these obsolete organizations and "civil rights" leaders well into the 21st century. When will the "Black" population finally realize the truth.

BTW my race should not be an issue. Should it? I can voice my opinion regardless of race right? RIGHT?
Brilliant post. It's easy to point a finger at Bush or make fun of his low IQ. These days it is fashionable and cool to make fun of Bush. It makes you look smarter (to some I guess).
Appreciate 0