View Single Post
      06-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #407
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless335 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my first BMW (CPO MY 08 335i Conv. 6MT). I have read this thread as well as others and my anxiety is double edged. On one hand I am thrilled of the prospect of driving a great car but yet on the other hand, I am scared of all the well documented issues with apparently a substantial number of these cars. In any case, I have a copy of the Carfax showing a clear history, as well as a date with the service department to request a service history report for the car. Are there readers out there that either own or know of 335's that have NOT experienced the problems that are being discussed? I would like to know if these problems are just a matter of time for all N54 engines or is it just some? Thanks!
My car was perfectly fine until last Fall when it started acting up randomly--that's about 34 mos. of driving fine. If I had traded it in and it were CPO, there's be no record of any troubles and the next owner would get a nice surprise of buying a car and not being able to go anywhere with it. It took about 5 mos. of going back to the dealership to fix it. So I don't think there's any magic formula to knowing which n54 is going to be trouble. When you think about it, why would anybody knowingly put themselves into a situation where they spend $$$ and can't even drive a car? Because they're fanboys, we all are to be here. There was even a guy who had 3 N54's and the latest brand new one quit on him. But this 943/933 pump may be the solution as nobody has seemed to report multiple failures once they got that pump...
Appreciate 0