View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Shaft1969
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i convertible

19" Vossden CV1 fitment

Hopefully someone on this site can educate me on wheel "fitment" issues that I have.

I have a 2007 335i Cabriolet with the sports package. I recently purchase a set of Vossen CV1. 19 x 8.5 ET 32 front and 19 x 10 ET 38 in the rear. According to my wheel shop, VOSSEN recommended that I use 225 35/19 up front and 275 30/19 rear. The fitment looks awesome except that I get slight rubbing, when I go over bumps, on the side wall about a quarter of an inch from the top of the tire (with only me in the car). Once the car is loaded and the roof is down the rubbing is a lot more pronounced and happens more frequently. The wheel shop suggested that I role the fender but my BMW rep told me that rolling is a bad idea. The tire shop suggested that I cantor the wheels in..... not sure that I want to do that either, they also told me that 265 19/30 won't take care of the problem. Has anyone had any experiences with a similar problem and if so, what was your antidote to the problem.

According to VOSSEN they have done hundreds of these setups and have never had a problem.

I would appreciate any ideas you guys have!

Thnxs

Thanks
Appreciate 0