Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmc129 View Post
I just checked and the tags on my front springs say T4! i cant get a good look at the rears but the front are T4 for sure. maybe these were the compromise to include the E92?

So you think T3 front springs are different then T4 fronts?? Maybe Evan from Tischer can explain what this means.
You might be right. The e92 might get T4 springs and the e90 gets T3.
I sent Evan a message about this so hopefully he'll post about it.
It looks like jah29 had a 135 and he has T3 in the front and T2 in the rear.
I think I'm going to start questioning once I hear of an e90 with defferent part numbers than myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jah29 View Post
I have some of the yellow performance springs too. I gave the vin number for my 135i and was sent T3 front and T2 rear. I counted coils and measured diameters and came up with 170 lbs/in front and 522 lbs/in rear. I plan to test the springs with my press and corner scales to get the actual rate, but probably won't get to it for a few days. I'll report back when I get the numbers.

these are going to be used with Koni FSD, but not anytime soon

justin
You also need to take into acount the coil thickness for the spring rates.
It's not just the number of coils.
I followed this spring rate calculator to figure out the newer spring rates:
http://www.engineersedge.com/calcula...ring_k_pop.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Without taking the wheels off, is there any good way to see the T number on the spring?
If you stick your head under the rear bumper and look towards the springs, hopefully the springs will be twisted enought for you to see what is imprinted on them.
Jack up the front just a bit and you will see a tag on the spring.
You should be able to see it in between the tire and the fender when the car is jacked up a little.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0