View Single Post
      03-09-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

Suspension Leveling Lots of Questions

Hey guys let me know what you think, I had been trying to level my car with Bilstein PSS 10 for a while now I got it to a point where it is level well almost level. It sits 1/4 In lower in front then in rear (both sides). I have driven the car and can't notice any difference but plan to go do my first track day this year. So the rear of the car when measured from center of wheel to the wheel arch is 1/4 0.5mm higher then in front.

1. Should I adjust the front to 1/4 inch higher or leave it?

I want to have even wight distribution of the car of-course but I would like to know what is the best or proper balance setting.

2. Should there be difference between the front and the rear?

3. If so what should it be for 2008 335i e92 6speed manual?

4. Also I had the dealer do alignment since the last setting, if I change the height in front to 1/4 inch higher will I need new alignment?

5. I'm west of Chicago anyone know of a good shop that can set the balance of the car on 4 wheels or does it even matter with this much difference?

6. Anyone knows of a shop that doesn't charge ARM and leg for alignment?

I called Firestone and they wouldn't even touch my car with a stick...., and last time I paid over $200 for alignment at the dealer.

I know in theory you control the weight balance of the car with your driving style, gas and brake but just want to run that by you guys.... oh ya I have staggered setup .5 in wider wheel in back on 19s.

7. Last question, am I just paranoid, and should I just leave it as is?

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///
Appreciate 0