View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #22
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
But if the majority of our 30d's are running mid-80s and are still seeing good overall MPG....is this almost the norm in reality (even if running 5% cooler than spec)

What have you done Pete...living with mid 80s or changed the 'stats?
I changed my EGR 'stat last winter as I wanted to ensure I wasn't having slower warm up times. I also wanted to pull one apart and see the mode of failure. Mine was in good condition, just opening a couple of degrees early, when boiled up together with the new one.

I'm in two minds on the main 'stat, would ideally replace, as to run optimum temperatures, has to be the best option. Mine is 1 - 2 degrees lower than a year ago, so in the balance to replace. Just the bother of doing it.

My mpg average is the same long term as the past two years, so not seen a fall off. Warm up times are long, but that is ambient temperature influenced anyway. My car takes about 8 miles of free running (50 - 60mph) to get to 75-degrees at freezing temperatures, (even longer if I don't preheat the cabin before driving). 80-degrees at the same distance at about 10-degrees ambient, identical to last winter. DPF regen's are working fine, and gets into the 90's when a regen' is in progress.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0