View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 04:30 AM   #9
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
I am afraid you need to replace or fix your Steering Wheel Column. I had this issue about 6 yrs ago but had it replaced under warranty.
I heard mixed messages/read various topics on this on the web and there seems to be no clear way to detect if it is software or an actual fault. I cannot hear any odd noises, the steering locks and unlocks fine, and when the message says the car wont start until the steering is moved, it normally starts fine before the wheel is even touched (i.e. it is not locked).

The thing that makes me think it is not just software is the fact that it only just started to happen out of the blue, and I would have thought that a software glitch would have been around from day 1.

Given it is a 2006 car, I am not sure how recent the software in the car is and for the money, that might be a good place to start.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0