Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 320d e92

Garage List
Sep 2011 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
But your tax does NOT and can not cover this expense and nor does anyone else's and that's the point. We either hike taxes massively to fund FE, including tosspot courses in media and social studies OR we ask the students to pay for their own education on the basis that they pay it back once in full-time graduate-level employment. If they do a worthwhile degree they'll get a worthwhile job.

It's people expecting to be able to fuck about for 5 years doing the student thing and coming out with a worthless degree and thinking they're entitled to do this is why we're in a state.

Worthless universities giving out worthless, unneeded degrees to worthless gobshites is the problem.
I'm sorry but that just sounds like Tory Spin to me. The budget deficit really wasn't caused by price of FE.

I also totally disagree with what you say about "useful" degrees leading to well paid jobs. Many of my university colleagues went into scientific research after completing their degree and 25 years later they are still earning a pittance. There is no way that they would have done that if they knew that they were going to get lumbered with huge debts.

One of them discovered that drastically cooling the brain after injury or in premature babies improved the chances of recovery. I think that he has paid back his debt to society. Other people that I know who did "rubbish" degrees are now racking it in doing management or sales jobs.

We all laugh at these joke degrees that they are handing out but blocking so called proper degrees from the talented poor is not the answer.

I presume that you are adding 2 years in 6th form and a 3 year degree course to come up with 5 years "f*cking" about. Otherwise you are referring to dentists and medics. Who needs them?
Appreciate 0